Thursday 4 August 2016

Working with Grids - Introduction

Grids are often used to present various types of information. You can think of countless examples including tables, crosswords, soft keyboards, various puzzles and games, etc. Yet all grids possess these two basic properties - they have rows and columns.

Knowing how to represent grids internally (in code) and how to present the information to the user is very import for a programmer. Personally, I often find myself using grids when making Android apps in my 'free' time.


Figure 1: Examples of Grids depicting information

In the next series of posts I shall spend time explaining how to use grids starting from the basics and progressing to complex grids.


Figure 2: Example of Grid depicting a calendar


I hope this will be an exciting journey! Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment